Friday, January 1, 2010

Highlights from 2009

What a year! I have been dwelling on my losses this year rather than my blessings. 2009 was not a good year. I am hoping 2010 will be much brighter and happier.

January

We went geocaching with Cara and Hayley in San Francisco. I can't find the original picture so here is a picture of the layout I did in our geocaching album.

February

I have been on this earth for 37 years! I don't often feel like I am 37... usually I feel about 25 (before I started having children Ü). I am thankful for my sweet husband and my two fantastic boys. They make it all worth it!

March

March means BASEBALL! Opening day was March 7th. We spent many an evening out on the field cheering on Jeremy and his team. They took the championship!! Hard work and a great coach make all the difference.

April

This was the last picture that I have of my Dad with me. We lost him in April and it still hurts. I am thankful to have had such a wonderful, loving, and unselfish father. May he rest in peace.

May

My baby hit the DOUBLE digits. He talked about being double digits for months before his birthday. Time has sure gone by fast. This kid cracks us up! I have no idea where he came from but we are so lucky to call him ours.

June

Happy Father's Day Aaron! We went river rafting with five other families on Father's Day. It was a beautiful day filled with lots of laughter (and lots of water!)

July

We spent five wonderful days camping at Morro Bay. We took the kids to see Heart Castle for the first time. They enjoyed it. The weather was beautiful we hated to come back...

August

I participated in my first "fun run." I decided to start training on June 1st and was ready for the run in August. I got a rude awakening... training on a treadmill was totally different than actually running on the street. I've signed up for a 5k in March and vow to get a much better time.

September

Aaron took the boys to Jamestown to check out the trains from Back to the Future III. They had a great time. We decided to try and keep September low key since we had to keep our routines since school started.

October

We went to our first ever Oktoberfest. It was so much fun that we are going to all go again next year. Our picture was even featured in a business magazine for Modesto. We are FAMOUS! ha

November

There is a TEENAGER in the house. How could this be?? We have a teenager! We could not ask for a better kid. Jeremy is thoughtful and loving and is a great friend to everyone he meets. He is the perfect child! We love him and are very proud to call him ours.

December

Zane performed in two plays with TYPA right at the beginning of December. It made for some busy evenings and lots of sewing on Mom's part. The shows were a success and Mr. Zane was the perfect Santa.

That is it for 2009. Here's to 2010...

No comments: